10.19.2006

Look I Made Some Crap

Ahhh...if anyone is familiar with Sunday in the Park...the title is syllabically referencing Finishing the Hat. Or is it pentameter? Lord knows.

So I made some objects on the CafePress, started a little store and I'm hoping that I can actually get the nerve to buy them! I love the tote bags [as feminine as they seem], because they seem rather large for their price, and would be big enough to hold all my knitting projects or other works of art! Contact me if you're interested in seeing what they look like so far...

I think i'm 100% serious about starting up a knitting group at work. I just don't know that I want to set it up alone. Any takers? Of course we would start off with simple projects like "How to knit," "How to Purl," "How to Make a Scarf," and, if I can ever figure it out, "How to Make a Hat."

On to that subject. I made my first attempt tonight, using circular needles as prescribed by Franklin, to make the hat he has featured on his website. Sadly, I goofed up and now there's a gigantor twist in it, making it un-wearable. I'm going to double check with him that it is, in fact, a thing which cannot be fixed before unraveling it all and starting fresh.

I must say that I'm rather proud of myself, aside from the fact I screwed up. Pun intended. With this project, alone, I'm making my first cabled piece, my first knitting in the round piece, and my first hat! So many firsts, no wonder I messed up, right? Luckily it goes pretty quickly -- I made it through 3 cable twists in only 4 hours. Not too too shabby for a beginner, right? RIGHT?!? [Basically...21 rows at 105 stitches per row.]

Emily, if you read this, darling, I'm sure you'd love to do this type of project! It's just a step up from what we were doing before! I'll have to show you sometime. Especially after I learn how to finish the darn thing! That is, of course, when you have the time. Wink!

As far as the whole interview and promotion thing. Let's just say that they're narrowing it all down and we should here the results soon. I mean sooooon. I believe an announcement is being made by the start of next week. Cross your fingers and dot your i's! After all...eight people interviewed [why do I always start typing audition/ed?] for three positions. You do the math.

I'll update with the reults as soon as they're found out! Good luck to the other seven, who ever you are! [I think I only know three others...who were the other others? WHO? -- let's just save that for CSI: Miami to solve.]

For now, I head to bed. As you can see, it's past midnight in my time zone [can you see that? did I set up the blog with the timestamp?] and I have to be up in less than five hours. Then I throw in a shift from 7A-3P at ye olde B&N, then Chris and I head to dinner with Alex at El Gordo before he leaves for Texas next week. Then it's back to ye olde knitting mill. Friday, I hope to head to Steak 'n Shake -- anyone interested? Contact me!

And, again, let me know if you're interested in seeing my tote bag designs! I happen to think they're stellar and really marketable! I just need to work them into my budget! [I believe they're 12.99 + 5.00 s&h]

1 comment:

JG said...

tote bags?? oohhh.... how crafty of you!

and i need to tell you: i saw Sunday in the Park with George this summer... in London. from the front row... i cried...

lotsa love ~ j