3.13.2012

New Background, New Future

So I've changed my background. I felt like it was time for a change - and this applies to life as well!

After seeing so many of my friends work at being healthy and getting into fantastic shape, I thought it was high time to do so myself! It doesn't hurt that our office has started a 12 Week weight loss challenge that's organized by the local Y. 12 free weeks at the Y? Yes, please! Another part that doesn't hurt...there's prizes along the way!

I don't know if you know me, but I'm pretty competitive. Just saying....

Today went well! I had a healthy breakfast, signed up for loseit.com, was pretty conscious of my lunch, went for a bit of a walk (well, I ran errands...so....whatever, it counts), and then went to my very first - and I mean first - gym. I participated in a great Abs & Back class, then did about 30 mins on the elliptical for some cardio (my whole "I'll wake up early and run on the treadmills in our building" thing didn't happen). I finished the day with my first Unwich from Jimmy John's (I have to say, it was a good one!) and now I'm here! Craving the cookies my mom made over the weekend.

They're staring at me from the dining room table...

I know I used to post about these things before, so in true John fashion...

I'm currently reading:











...and I can't wait to finish it. It's not my cup of tea.














Over the last two days, I've listened to:





which just cracks me UP - I can't wait for the Chicago production!













An oldy but a GREATY. I listened to this on the elliptical today - some great beats to keep in time!

No comments: